Is this correct? Dunbad dunkirk

Freeboy

So I with my few tanks are supposed to over run 6 artillery and probably 12 tanks and inf support, yeh right! My off board art just bounces around and the only way to get these guns is to chase away the swdss maning them, My best tank gunners have yet in 12 tries to hit one gun and disable it! this game has the makings of a great game, BUT so far I see very little to think it was aduquitely playtested

Actually its pretty easy. First off make sure two of your tanks are Panzer 38ts, and the other 2 are Panzer 4Cs, and you should have enough for a Panzer 2c. After you eliminate the group of enemy infantry at the beginning thats on the hill your side of the river, move your 2x 38s to the right side of the map, and your infantry and 2Cs to the middle of the map right across the feild from the enemy ATGs (The top of the hill is blocking your view).

Drop one of your arty strikes at the ATG position at the back of the town. Since you have played this map once or twice, try to remember where they are, and hope your arty gets them. If you must save, drop the arty, and reload until its dead.

Then Move your 38ts forward at a 30-45 degree angle and stop them as soon as they start to draw fire, their 50mm frontal armor will stop cold the 75mm rounds. Then send your infantry and 2Cs up the middle, all with the S key command, do not make them attack the ATGs, they seem to shoot the gun rather then the crew, on their own with using the S key when making them advance, they will kill the crew.

Hopefully your 38ts are still alive and get them to kill the enemy tanks on the right side, have two groups of 3-4 inf take over two of the french 75mms, and help kill some tanks and put fire on the other two 75mms and tanks.

Get your tanks down the crest of the hill because the S-35s will have shown up, drive your tanks across the river but keep your inf back as arty will start to fall. Have the tanks eliminate the inf in the trenches but have your inf advance to those trenches at the same time. Reinforcements will have shown them up, and simply zerg the three last french tanks, your 75mms on the Panzer 4Cs being your best weapon against them.

Be agressive and you should win, though the level is a pain.

Originally posted by wokelly:

Actually its pretty easy. First off make sure two of your tanks are Panzer 38ts, and the other 2 are Panzer 4Cs, and you should have enough for a Panzer 2c. After you eliminate the group of enemy infantry at the beginning thats on the hill your side of the river, move your 2x 38s to the right side of the map, and your infantry and 2Cs to the middle of the map right across the feild from the enemy ATGs (The top of the hill is blocking your view).

Drop one of your arty strikes at the ATG position at the back of the town. Since you have played this map once or twice, try to remember where they are, and hope your arty gets them. If you must save, drop the arty, and reload until its dead.

Then Move your 38ts forward at a 30-45 degree angle and stop them as soon as they start to draw fire, their 50mm frontal armor will stop cold the 75mm rounds. Then send your infantry and 2Cs up the middle, all with the S key command, do not make them attack the ATGs, they seem to shoot the gun rather then the crew, on their own with using the S key when making them advance, they will kill the crew.

Hopefully your 38ts are still alive and get them to kill the enemy tanks on the right side, have two groups of 3-4 inf take over two of the french 75mms, and help kill some tanks and put fire on the other two 75mms and tanks.

Get your tanks down the crest of the hill because the S-35s will have shown up, drive your tanks across the river but keep your inf back as arty will start to fall. Have the tanks eliminate the inf in the trenches but have your inf advance to those trenches at the same time. Reinforcements will have shown them up, and simply zerg the three last french tanks, your 75mms on the Panzer 4Cs being your best weapon against them.

Be agressive and you should win, though the level is a pain.

Isn't it better to take 5 38 and 1 PzJgd? Instead of those 4c due to crappy stats of 4c?

to me it sounds like the reason why this game is hard isnt becuz of sound tactics not being used, but becuz of a huge AI advantage. i noticed in my demo when i had my plane straff the at guns, it killed every bug infron of and behind the AT gun but the onyl place an HE round didnt hit was the AT gun itself.

EDIT: just wanted to clarify my statement. when i say huge AI advantage, im not talking about more tanks and men. im mean they have better spotting, targeting, accuracy. stuff like that. even on easy this seems to bethe case

[ April 22, 2007, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: maniac_mat ]

Originally posted by maniac_mat:

to me it sounds like the reason why this game is hard isnt becuz of sound tactics not being used, but becuz of a huge AI advantage. i noticed in my demo when i had my plane straff the at guns, it killed every bug infron of and behind the AT gun but the onyl place an HE round didnt hit was the AT gun itself.

EDIT: just wanted to clarify my statement. when i say huge AI advantage, im not talking about more tanks and men. im mean they have better spotting, targeting, accuracy. stuff like that. even on easy this seems to bethe case

Hehe, just got trashed (again) in Dunkirk mission.

Those H35 are something! I aimed at turret yes dumb and on that tank was clearly visible shots from my tank hehe. I pull everything I sad badly about this game smile.gif

It is maybe better to aim at tracks...

I guess that I simply suck (yet) at this game smile.gif

Isn't it better to take 5 38 and 1 PzJgd? Instead of those 4c due to crappy stats of 4c?
I have no idea what you are talking about. I never saw 5 38ts. You might have the 35ts mixed up, cause there area few of those but their armor is only 30mm.

Plus the 4C has the best AT gun, maybe not at 100m but beyond due to the mass of the shell it keeps velocity better. Actually in a sick way the 4C is the best AT gun you have. Given how much dispersion it had in real life it really should not be the case. WWIIOL shows that, might be the most powerful 1940 weapon on a german tank, but its so inaccurate, but in game you'd never guess.

Originally posted by wokelly:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Isn't it better to take 5 38 and 1 PzJgd? Instead of those 4c due to crappy stats of 4c?

I have no idea what you are talking about. I never saw 5 38ts. You might have the 35ts mixed up, cause there area few of those but their armor is only 30mm.

Plus the 4C has the best AT gun, maybe not at 100m but beyond due to the mass of the shell it keeps velocity better. Actually in a sick way the 4C is the best AT gun you have. Given how much dispersion it had in real life it really should not be the case. WWIIOL shows that, might be the most powerful 1940 weapon on a german tank, but its so inaccurate, but in game you'd never guess. </font>