camera controls

franz

OK, game is great fun, but I am trying to get used to the camera controls. Finding things a lot different to combat mission.

Is the only way to rotate left and right by using the numpad 4 and 6 ?

In Combat Mission by memory you could double click on a map location and it would jump to that spot. Can you do that in this game ?

Thx for any tips on quick battlefield navigation.

Also, the middle mouse button combined with the arrow keys gives you excellent maneuverability with the camera.

Don't forget to go into the options menu and set the slider for your camera height to the lowest possible setting so you can get at eye level with the troops.

Originally posted by franz:

thanks, so is there a way to jump to a certain part of the map immediately ie. something like a double click ?

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

... Click on the desire location the mini map to move the camera great distances.

The "mini map" being in the lower left corner of your monitor. You can click on it to move your camera where you want.

Or click on a unit Icon and then hit "enter" and your camera will instantly zip to that unit and view from its view (kind of like hitting "Tab" in CM). Hit enter once more to free you from locking onto that unit and free look again.

Originally posted by Starlight:

I am right in thinking that once you have hit "enter" and locked onto a unit for viewing, you cannot then free view pan/tilt from that unit as it moves - as you can in CM?

Yes you can ..click and hold middle button and pan around ..hit enter again and your free from that unit.

Something else I don't recall anyone mentioning is that while your looking out over the battlefield and you see an enemy tank or gun or soldier pop into view ..just double click on the little red icon and your camera zooms across the battfield and your up close to check him out. What has me baffled is that you can not double click and jump over to one your guys. Don't know if that is an oversight or what but it sure would be nifty to be able to jump around on your own guys by double clicking. :confused:

Regards,

Gunz