Couple of points

athkatla

First of all, I'm really enjoying playing the game, it's a whole lot of fun and satisfying when you see that Victory screen. smile.gif

I am currently playing the Allies Campaign, and have just won a victory in the Avalanche mission. Boy was that fun, took me well over an hour to get a victory though.

**********SPOILER**********

After I had taken the hill then cleared out the enemy to the west, I was pretty thin on the ground and not a lot of ammo left, this wasn't a problem though as there was plenty of ammo and weapons laying around rerady to be picked up.

I was waiting to get the Victory screen but it didn't happen! When I checked my orders again, I saw that I still had to clear out Cherbourg, damn, and with not many troops.

To cut a long story short, I sneaked a few guys down through the hedge rows and took out a nuisance of a tank with 5 bazooka rounds and grenades, then I just had 4 A/T guns to take out. How I thought? I had captured two A/T guns so I brought one of them forward a little until it came under fire from those guns, the shield held up well, only one of my crew got killed, but I wasn't able to fire at those guns, not in LOS. So I tried something else, I loaded HE ammo, and ordered them to Area Fire at the enemy guns, success! I took out all 4 gun crews and victory was mine.

So to a couple of points I'd like cleared up, what, if any is the advantages of having a Staff Squad in your OOB? I notice that it has a medic in it, does this medic actually go round healing people, or is it abstracted?

Secondly, at the end of each mission in the Campaign, you get to award your heroes with medals, promotion and experience points, I did this every time, but then where do these soldiers go? I thought they would be with me for the next mission, but no, I get a complete brand new set, no vets to be seen!

Anyway, great fun so far, I'm sure with patches and mods this is going to be on my HD for a very long time to come. smile.gif