Fantastic Game

Jacques Lacan

Originally posted by panzermartin:

Sound effects are of synth quality as in IL-2. They sound a bit fake especially mgs and explosions. There must be a way to mod them right?

I was wondering that too - I didn't mind the sounds initially but some (not all) of them are very poor indeed (I hate most of the sounds in IL2). I noticed one of the moderators suggested to someone that if they didn't like the dog sound maybe they could just delete the file. I took a look to see where the sound and texture files live - and it seems to me that they're in SFS files, just as in IL2. Now IL2 is notoriously unmoddable in most respects without the assistance of the developers who integrate (or used to anyway) 3D models into the game. Will ToW be the same - or do we have to wait for patches to see extra content other than missions and so on?

Have fun

Finn

Originally posted by Elementalism:

One question about LOS. It seemed like my paks were firing at armor which should have been hard for them to see due to tree's.

Or are they finding a way to see through the brush and shoot T-34s from 1000 meters through a forest?

Good question. I'm not sure what is up with trees. They seem to block acquisition but not targetting. Ie, once they know you are there, then they will pump shells at you if you are a priority. I think this is more important in this game since one thing that definitely throws targetting off is if the targeting unit is under fire....or at least that is my impression.

[ April 20, 2007, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Jacques Lacan ]