waiting for game, don't care about demo

Vergeltung

anyone else but me not really caring about the demo? I mean, the game (the real game, the whole game) is out tomorrow.

who cares about a demo? I'll sit down with some beers tomorrow night (4/19) and enjoy the full game. And you damn sure won't catch me complaining abouit tedious crap on here like over 50% of the people here do.

And on a related topic, does the release of a demo bring out the quick-to-judge complaining morons or what? I swear it's happened in every single game I've followed on a message board. it's no wonder companies loath having to release a demo.

gotta love the modern human. :rolleyes:

Its well worth downloading and installing the demo just for early access to the full manual (which is included). Its a pretty hefty document and nota bad read either. Personally, I really love a well writtten manual. They are so rare these days. A big thank you to those who worked on it.

Not really caring about the demo at all, having preordered it. Been too busy all week to play any games at all, so I'm a OK. Like I said before, only 20% of people who try demos buy the full game, so when the 80% passerbys clear out, there should be alot of interesting topics around here, like tactics, weapon capabilities, real history, etc.

Originally posted by Silverswift:

Not really caring about the demo at all, having preordered it. Been too busy all week to play any games at all, so I'm a OK. Like I said before, only 20% of people who try demos buy the full game, so when the 80% passerbys clear out, there should be alot of interesting topics around here, like tactics, weapon capabilities, real history, etc.

good points on all accounts. I can't get at the game till tomorrow night or the weekend either. smile.gif

Guest Panzer Boxb

I was very much interested in the demo when I was contemplating whether to preorder or not. As it has been released prior to the full game I was intent on trying it out to whet my appetite. My only regret right now is that I forgot to bring the manual in to work so I could read it during my breaks.

i had just the same point of view as you guys, untill i tried the demo.

apart from all the techical problems and learning issues of getting used to the game handlings. i would say that there are other things that bug me, being a die-hard close combat player there is no need to mention that im into realistic tactical ww2 games. so heres what bugs me:

-in the sp mission there are about 2 heavy to medium tanks for every infantry squad. while it should be 1 to 5, especially in the seelow battle where the germans had like 1 or 2 AT guns per regiment, not to mention the tanks...

-apparently you need to micromanage every unit, or else it wont opperate efficiently: i had to spend 2 minutes trying to make the huntingkingtiger understand that it had to shoot at the t-34 that was standing 100m in front of him in an open field. after 2 minutes it finally stopped moving around and fired and missed, meanwhile i completely neglected all my other units

-to much going on on the field, its verry hard efficiently commanding all your units at the time. in CC you ended up knowing your soldiers names by head.

-infantry seems uneffective, especially when attacking.

from this i conclude that this game has potential, but when they said it would be comparable to close combat, then i would say it looks most like close combat 1 and 2: infantry seems to be there to fill the screen, because its unfortunately all about the tanks again.

being a cc5 veteran i know the importance of infantry, and as much as i liked the training missions in the beginning, as soon as the tanks came rolling in, their exagerrated power on infantry ruined the fun and realism...

[ April 18, 2007, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: seppDieter ]

Guest Panzer Boxb

I believe that part of the problem with infantry in the demo is the severe lack of any meaningful cover. All of the areas you are fighting in have very little in the way of true cover. Most of what is available is simple concealment terrain.

Tanks only are overpowering when there is nothing to counter them approaching the infantry to extreme close range.

I firmly believe that we will see better balance in the rest of the missions.