Missing TOW Equipment

ColonelBlimp

I dunno, I dont see how the brits will manage against panthers without a firefly sherman or the 17 pounder. The 17 pounders made up 50% of the British ATG force and were mounted on 25% of their tanks by Normandy, I don't quite get why it would not be included.

I don't have a problem with flanking the panthers, but it will be harder to battle them then it should have been. I don't like having a limitation placed on me that was not historic, and to be honest given how the fireflies were spread among the British tank forces, they were very much present in most battles in Normandy and beyond.

Originally posted by wokelly:

I dunno, I dont see how the brits will manage against panthers without a firefly sherman or the 17 pounder. The 17 pounders made up 50% of the British ATG force and were mounted on 25% of their tanks by Normandy, I don't quite get why it would not be included.

I don't have a problem with flanking the panthers, but it will be harder to battle them then it should have been. I don't like having a limitation placed on me that was not historic, and to be honest given how the fireflies were spread among the British tank forces, they were very much present in most battles in Normandy and beyond.

Quite right, one per troop in British and Canadian squadrons. Hopefully they will be added.... someday

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Don't worry, the Brits do have access to Comet and Challenger so are quite capable of fending off the German heavies.

Okay first off the comet should not be in battle until 1945 and I will be very mad if I see it in any British Mission before then. Secondly the Challenger was only available to units made up of Cromwell's given the fact both tanks used the same parts. Only 200 hundred were made.

It may seem like I am making fuss over nothing, but quite simply I don't get how the company goes and makes the Sherman M4A3(76)HVSS series tank, which in itself is a slightly better Regular M4A3(76) tank but cant find the time to take a bloody regular Sherman V or Sherman II, and do some minor art work changes to it and some higher penetration values. Hell they could have just grabbed the barrel from the Sherman 76s and made a new muzzle break, up the penetration values and BAM you have a Sherman firefly.

The Sherman Firefly was an extremely important tank, and a different tank at that from the Comet and the Challenger. The challenger for example has 100mm of armor in its turret. That will stop many of the German 75mm round cold at 800m. The firefly had no such protection. There is no way to substitute the Firefly with the Comet or Challenger, they both play differently

I dunno to me it just seem a result of lazyness that the firefly could not be added, given how much of it is already modeled, I mean its not like it would take a month to make it.

Gentlemen, settle down a bit. We are dealing with the company that put the G in Grog. Have any of you played any of the combat missions? Been around since CM (can't tell by my log in, lost my original) but this company does the best work in the business when it comes to historical accuracy. They will do their best to get them in if possible. I doubt they sit around and go lets leave out the 88 to piss everyone off, nor do they think that 88 are a rare piece of equipment. If they don't make it in, or "x" piece of equipment doesn't make it in, they do have some constraits (especially since they hop on the project late). Give the demo a shot and if you don't like it, or think that the lack of 88s ruins your experience do not purchase it. Just my thoughts from a lurker that has had a few pops this eve.

I hope the Brits get Shermans full stop because I haven't seen any Brit Shermans in any of the pic or videos.

I hope to God that this game can be modded and/or Battlefront have about ten million addons up their sleeve. Otherwise I've got a feeling that a lot of people will pre-order it, a few will buy it after that, but in a few months time noone will be playing it.