Mission Builder....????

Gian

Hello

I can seen thta allot of new features have been introduced.

I just want to check if we will also have a mission builder included for added replayability.

Sorry if this has been asked before, just double checking.

Thanks,

Gian

So far we will not get a mission builder on the initial release. But everybody will be able to edit the xml-files by hand to change forces, setup etc.

IIRC Madmatt said that they are evaluating right now if a mission builder tool can be in the first release, but they are are not sure yet. So I assume that will be a NO.

3 scenarios come up on that:

1) 1Cs and battlefronts misison builder will be in the final release.

2) The final release comes out without a mission builder included, but it takes 10 days max until somebody from the community comes up with an xml-file editing tool.

3) We will get a mission builder from 1C/Battlefront with a patch.

Whatever happens, I assume shortly after the inital release everybody will be able to make new scenarios.

Uwe

Yeah most of the time games don't come out with a mission editor, they wait several months and release a insanely large patch that create more bugs than needed fixing, and a highly incomplete SDK set that goes through 2 more patches and only sees minor bug fixes... Then after that, a new game goes into development and the SDK for this game is dropped (officially) and is left for somone to finish it or make a 3rd party editor... I'm not saying that will happen with this game, just the fact 70% of the RTS games I own went through a similar process, abou 10% not even getting a official SDK. Theres 15% that come with one, but are highly non-user friendly that has no read-me. Another 5% that are dropped after release, and don't see a patch for over a year... Even then it contains nothing special...

The only game I played continously during the last couple of years was Operation Flashpoint, partly because of it's editing capabilities. The game is actually the reason why I learned how to do 3d-modells, textures and config/script-stuff.

How editable will the Theatre of War engine be?. Will it be easy to change and add modells. How much of the game is hardcoded? Is there a chance the developpers may release tools to import and export game files?