CMBO Retrospective

Ok

I’ve thought about doing this for a while and seeing as my world is starting to relvolve around when CMAK is going to come out I thought it would be a good distraction.

Seeing as brains everywhere are turning to CMAK there will not be that many more scenarios made for CMBO, especially as you will be able to make Normandy type battles with the CMAK editor. As such now is the time for looking back and feeling nostalgic. What I would like to create in this thread is an anthology (such a good word) of the best CMBO battles and operations.

There are however rules! And yes we can have a discussion on the rules if you want.

But My feeling is that they should be as follows.

1. The Scenario must either have been included with the original game or be freely available to download. Thus if it didn’t come on the CD or you can’t post a link to the file you can’t nominate it. There is no point in whetting everyone’s chop’s and then failing to deliver the goods.

2. If you designed the scenario and wish to nominate it that’s fine. BUT you MUST say that you were the designer, that way when people rush on and start complaining that of course you would say that one is the best you made it you have recourse.

3. You must nominate why you like the scenario. No, this scenario is cool it was on the CD. Say which side it is good for, against the AI or an Opponent, with what settings etc.

4. You are allowed to simply put an I agree with so and so if you can’t be bothered describing why you like a scenario.

Eventually we should build up a nice list of scenarios, at which point I will collate them and try to produce a top ten list in the following categories. Best 2 player scenarios, Best German vs AI, Best Allied vs AI. Best ME, Attack. Defend etc. We can then argue about these some more. By this time CMAK should be out or at least the demo, so problems will be solved.

And yes I know that the depot has a rating system but there is that many scenarios on there now its getting tiresome to wade through. So we are taking advantage of our knowledge here.

Have Fun, keep it clean

Will

(edited because I can't spell)

[ October 29, 2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: melb_will ]

I played Squad Leader when it was new, and followed it up all the way through red Barricades. When i wanted some fun, i went back to those first 3 scenarios. Simple ones, easy victory conditions, not too many rules. Great fun. I will always play CMBO, even when there are other things onthe hard drive (like CMAK).

Now, my favorite scenarios are quick battles-random ones. They are like a box of chocolates....