Game Freeze

If you disable the Ambient sounds (Shift-S:On+Ambient not selected) do you still have lockup problems ?

Do you know if your SB Live shares an IRQ with your video card or some other commonly used device (such as USB and you have a USB mouse) ? While sharing an IRQ is normal, it can be problematic within CM between some video cards and sound cards. The ambient sound files are large and it is possible that playing them back hogs the IRQ so that the video card can't respond properly.

Unfortunately the SBLive shares IRQ 9 with the USB controller (no USB mouse)...so many devices, so few IRQ's.

I have found a clue that seems to resolve the problem: shut down my Outlook email client before beginning the game. Since shutting down Outlook prior to starting the game I have had no lockups.

Thank you for your reply.