DT on a Dual-Boot Machine

Bane

Hey Warriors!

Heres my deal. I dual-boot Windows XP and Ubuntu 6.10 (Finally got my Linux back online!) :D

I don't want to UNinstall DT from my Windows OS.,I want the option of playing on either System. BUT, after installing DT onto Linux, I can't get past the activation key part. DT say's that an account with that key is already active. So I just try and log in using my active name and password, but still cannot find any servers.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks!

Originally posted by __Yossarian0815[jby]:

you don´t need to enter the activation key in your second install. :)

just enter your name & password.

Thnks 'Yossarian', but as I said, that doesn't work.

OR maybe the installation isn't working so good under Linux, because I cannot find any servers!

I enter my active username and password, hit the 'Network refresh button', but never get any servers.

Oh well, doesn't really matter though, because when I play 'Stand Alone', The graphics are all muffed-up! (Everything is white except my tank)

Originally posted by Toby Haynes:

You probably want this page:

DropTeam review part 5 - Technical

Thanks you guys! This COULD very well be the problem, but Nexus, mentioned that libaa.so.1, libgpm.so.1, libncurses.so.5 and libslang.so.2 were "provided" via .zip file, and I did not see a link to the file. (Unless he meant that they come with the installation)

In any case, where can I get these libs?

Thanks!

No - this is a zip of the libraries I needed, all taken from the equivalent 32bit Ubuntu install.. On my Ubuntu 64bit install, I also have a 32bit chroot of the same Ubuntu level (currently Edgy Eft 6.10). That allows me to run the few 32bit apps that really can't work in a 64bit world without (too many) issues, such as WINE.

Anyway - for definitive instructions:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">cd DropTeam

unzip 32bitLibsForDT.zip</pre>

No - this is a zip of the libraries I needed, all taken from the equivalent 32bit Ubuntu install.. On my Ubuntu 64bit install, I also have a 32bit chroot of the same Ubuntu level (currently Edgy Eft 6.10). That allows me to run the few 32bit apps that really can't work in a 64bit world without (too many) issues, such as WINE.

Anyway - for definitive instructions:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">cd DropTeam

unzip 32bitLibsForDT.zip</pre>

At this point, you will have a new directory called 32bit.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">cp 32bit/* lib/</pre>

Yeah, just as I thought. There is no zip file in my DropTeam directory.

bigboss@room224:~$ cd ~/DropTeam

bigboss@room224:~/DropTeam$ unzip 32bitLibsForDT.zip

unzip: cannot find or open 32bitLibsForDT.zip, 32bitLibsForDT.zip.zip or 32bitLibsForDT.zip.ZIP.

bigboss@room224:~/DropTeam$

I don't know, maybe it was in the DropTeam setup folder, but that was deleted after DT was installed.

I WOULD just reinstall DT, and try again, but with my ridiculous Bandwidth, updating is torture!

This zip is one I created specially for you, Bane, based on the extra libraries I have installed for my DropTeam install. So it's not a standard part.

[in keeping with the GPL, I can point you at the source code for all these too (since now I'm a distributer!)]

This zip is one I created specially for you, Bane, based on the extra libraries I have installed for my DropTeam install. So it's not a standard part.

[in keeping with the GPL, I can point you at the source code for all these too (since now I'm a distributer!)]

Well my friend, I am very grateful, but THAT is going a little beyond my ability. (If it ain't 'Point-and-Click', if I don't have the commands written out so that I can paste and copy to a terminal, I'm freekin' lost!)

I would'nt know where to begin. But thanks Toby!

I better just start saving for a new Vid Card!