Linux 64 bit installer problem.

CattyNebulart

Hi, I am trying to install the drop team demo on my machine, a AMD 64 machine running Ubuntu. The problem is the installer doesn't recognize libraries that are installed. My best guess would be that it has to do with 64 bit and 32 bit incompatability. Here is the exact error and proof that the file does exist.

catty@Compchan-densk:~/GameInstallers/DropTeamMPDemo$ ./runLinuxInstall

./InstallData/bin/LinuxInstall: error while loading shared libraries: libaa.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

----

catty@Compchan-densk:/usr/lib$ file libaa.so.1

libaa.so.1: symbolic link to `libaa.so.1.0.4'

catty@Compchan-densk:/usr/lib$ file libaa.so.1.0.4

libaa.so.1.0.4: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), stripped

Before you panic, you have the same setup I have so this is possible.

From http://tjwhaynes.googlepages.com/dropteamreview-part5

As I'm running a 64bit set-up and this is a 32bit release, I expected a few issues. For both the installation and the actual game, I had to make sure that I had 32bit versions of the following libraries: libaa.so.1, libgpm.so.1, libncurses.so.5 and libslang.so.2 available. For the install, unpack the provided zip file into a directory, copy the above libraries into the DropTeamSetup directory and then

cd DropTeamSetup

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

./runLinuxInstall

Similarly, for the actual game, copy the 32bit libraries into the DropTeam/lib directory and then run:

./runClient.sh

Thanks, that helped a lot, though I am not sure with what you mean by the provided zip file. I simply copied precomplied versions of the net and followed your suggestions and it worked. However it appears a different set is needed to actually run the game. Will tr to find them on my own, but suggestions would be appreciated.

Glad you got it working. I look forward to seeing you online :)

You are right - the 32bit libraries may need other 32bit libraries to run. Ubuntu comes with some 32bit compatability libraries in standard paths so you don't need to collect too many specific libraries for DropTeam to work. I actually have a 32bit chroot set up on my AMD64 Ubuntu box which, while expensive on disk space, allows me to run pretty much anything a 32bit Ubuntu system can run.