Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Possible Glitch?

My system specs. are

P3 550, 256m ram, ATI Radeon 7200 64m

The problem was on the install (went to and stopped at 39%)

The following flag error came up:

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\CMBO\Wav\00006000.WAV doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

It gave me an option of cancel, retry or ignore. I retried twice and it continued with the same problem. I then clicked ignore and it finished installation.

I was just wondering if maybe someone else may have come across this problem. :confused:

Is this a CDV version or a BFC/Internet version of the game ?

Most of the CRC installation problems came near the end for most users who had this problem. This turned out to be a manufacturing defect in the CDs when they first came out (September).

I suggest trying to copy the entire install file to your hard drive (if you have the disk space) and attempt the installation from that copied file. You may also want to double check the CD for any smudges, etc. To check your drive you may want to attempt to copy the entire contents of another data CD (that's close to being full, around 650Mb) and see if your drive has any problems with that.

Thanks for the response and advice Schrullenhaft.

I attempted to copy CMBO over to my hard drive from the CMBO CD, but it said it couldn't copy some file. So then I uninstalled (this included removing all traces of CMBO) and attempted to reinstall it but had the same CRC error but with a different wav. file (00005003.wav @ 74%), so I canceled the install. I then reinstalled it and it flew right through - no problems.

I don't think it is my CD drive. I have never had a problem with it, maybe it's a bad CD?

Thanks again!