multiplayer on the same router

adzling

Hey!

A buddy of mine and I have been trying to play using two computers on a single lan to connect to the server hosted games (on the internet).

What are the port configs for the router to enable us both to join the same server (currently server errors).

tnx!

As long as the router supports PAT then you don't have to do any port forwarding. Each client will get a unique, translated port from the router. We connect up to 5 clients through a router here, for example.

If this is some kind of old or strange router that doesn't do PAT, then you can give each client his own unique port via the command line by using the -localport argument. For example, on OS X:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">cd /Applications/DropTeam

DropTeam.app/Contents/MacOS/DropTeam -localport 13971</pre>

well last night i put him in the "DMZ" outside the router's firewall by setting him up on a static ip and assigning that as outside the firewall via the router setup.

it's a fairly new router, about a year old, linksys wrtp54g.

I can't see a "pat" option anywhere in the setup pages on the built-in web-server config app.

yeah that worked ok which is fine if it's just the two of us playing as i can assign a static ip to him and have his machine be the ony in the dmz only when he's over.

however there is the possibility of three of us playing from the same broadband connection in the future (don't you like how i got two of my friends to buy your game hehe) so if there's a way i can make it work it would be nice

tnx clay