v1.01 not updating to V1.02 - or properly to V1.1

scaclark

I'm on PC. The version still shows as v1.01 in the lower right corner, and if I try to join a V1.02 game it says I cannot.

Repeated attempts to run the update make no difference. Is there a file I can delete/rename that will force the updater to run again?

The manual update worked, - it was the version.ini file in the data folder which seemed to make a difference. Oddly enough the update from within the game is now working, but it is prompting me to update from V1.02. I'll be interested to see if I auto-update successfully to the next version.

Great game, by the way.

[ June 26, 2006, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: scaclark ]

• 4 weeks later...

I've now had problems with 1.02 to 1.1. Initially the update failed completely. I think the download was interrupted, and thereafter refused to run properly. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, in a different location. On running autoupdate all seemed to go well, with 270+ (I cant remember exactly) files downloaded. Now, when I run the game it says I'm on V1.02, and I cant join V1.1 games. But I have the infantry units downloaded, and can use them on single player. I've run autoupdated several times since, and rebooted. But no difference.

How may I help you to help me......?

I have just installed the game and when I open it am prompted to update to a new version. When I press the Update button the game disappears and no updating seems to be occcurring. What is the problem here?