Video card issue?

In the manual it suggests running Drop Team with terrain VBO, shaders, high definition rendering and shadows implemented. However, these options are greyed out for me.

I updated my video drivers but nothing changed, except I got a dialogue box saying that I need Open GL 1.5. I quickly played a standalone scenario with multiple bots and everything worked fine.

My video card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128mb RAM).

Otherwise I have the recommended Pentium 4 (2.8) and 1 gigabyte RAM. I am also running Windows XP/SP2 if that helps.

Do I need to update my video card? I checked out the recommended specs, but I don't know very much about hardware.

The 5200 is toward the low-end, but it's not a horrible video card. It should handle DropTeam well enough but might bog down with the more advanced graphical effects (such as foliage, HDR, and shadows).

However, I'm surprised that these options are grayed out for you. They become disabled like that when the video driver reports that it can't handle them. I'm sure the 5200 can do VBO and shaders (even if it does them a little slowly), so something is wrong here. How did you update your video drivers? Did you download the latest ForceWare drivers from nvidia.com directly? In "Display Properties" under "Advanced", do you have a "NVidida" tab with the NVidia logo on it which shows that the ForceWare version is 84.21? If not, then the drivers are not installed. If so, we can keep digging deeper, so let us know either way and we will see what we can find out.

I downloaded the ForceWare version 84.21 driver and those options are now available. However, now the game lags with them . :/

That, I am positive, is a combination of an old video card and crappy sound hardware (I had the same issue with IL-2). I'll experiment with the settings and see what works best for me.

Thanks for the quick response. smile.gif