Need some technical advice (again...) please!

Ive recently bought a new motherboard and a processor, ive got everything working just fine but I have a little question. On my motherboard (Epox 8KTA3+) there is this two optional UIDE ports that I can connect my Harddrives to instead of the ordinary IDE ports. What is the advantages if I do this? At the moment I have the drive connected to the IDE port should I change it to the UIDE?

Thanks for any advices you can come up with!

I am not familiar with your specific motherboard, but I am familiar with the technologies:

ATA-100= Disk I/O protocol with a theoretical maximum of 100mb/sec data transfer rate. 40 or so is the realistic maximum. IIRC. Note that you need a special IDE cable to use this technology.

RAID= A method of putting 2 (in your case, potentially far more) identical drives connected to a special controller which can make them work as one. In your case, you could create a RAID 0 array which could increase disk speed to 60-70mb/sec.

WWB