Sprite Error

I keep receive the following error message for a mod I'm working on.

"Failed (draw_sprite_on_map_surface): Segmentation violation"

I have also noticed this same error message on Normal Dude's "The Russians Are Coming".

The game will just shut itself down. I know it must have something to do with the sprites but I can't figure it out. Also does anyone know how to set a grid up on photoshop so that you will know if your sprites are bleeding into another? I've tried popping up the grids, but they don't line up even with the original sprites that come with the game.

If this topic has been covered just point me to the right post...much appreciated :D

Sprite bleeds won't crash the system. Try video driver update and check your dx is up to date as a first thing.

If you really need a grid then there is either already one in the extras folder in your sc2 folder or you can d/l one from CMMods (I cannot remember where I got mine from). Failing that send me your email addy and I will send you a copy.

Thank you, I found the grid. I still find the error strange, my computer can run games with many more requirements than this game...I find it strange that when I use the Military Sprites over the 3d sprites I never get an error, but when I use my 3d sprites..BOOM error three turns in to the game...hmmmm.... :confused: