Honchv13 after action report

Sept. 1940: Invincible allied navy wreaks havoc on waves of german u-boats. A UK battleship and a French Aircraft Carrier lay waste to the entire german u-boat fleet.

Mar 1941: Italian mobility puts axis to shame -- for some reason, they can achieve level 3 motorization but the axis, the Founding Fathers of Blitzkrieg, can only reach level 2.

June 1943: German units decimated by neverending waves of Allied troops. Island so crowded there's no room to land. Countless transport ships suck as UK desperate to solve overcrowding problems. Guilt-ridden u-boat sailors seek psychiatric help on shore leave.

Main theaters of operation are just too small, with bad AI ramifications. I completely dominated England but yet had no room to land more than one or two units. I estimate that I sunk about two dozen transports full of troops because the AI didn't know what to do with zero hexes free.

I'd suggest keeping only the northern hemisphere -- it's not worth a few sparse coastal towns for as much map real estate as Africa and South America consumes.

Allied Navy is ridiculous. Let's keep the Germans at bay with numerical superiority, not God-like power. I don't know how many u-boats were lost trying to sink one battleship and French aircraft carrier.

Not quite sure why the Italian motorization tech level was higher than the germans. I know the germans were, to the end, extremely dependent on horse transport, but the Italians weren't?

Overall, it was amusing, but not something I'd play again.