Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Horizon distance...

Reducing the visible horizon does, indeed, give the scroll rate a boost; but you should note that it doesn't really do this on any tiny/small maps. The "horizon" is not far off enough on these size maps to really make a difference.

On large/huge maps it does help, but you'll end up scrolling around to find units lost beyond the horizon limit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help. I ended up cutting the resolution back to 800x600 at 75MHz as 1024x768 was causing scrolling problems with heavily wooded areas. I've got the occaisional "christmas tree" spots - tiny multicoloured flecks which disappear when I move the camera. Is there any other solution to this problem other than increasing the screen resolution to 1024x768 as this just causes the above scrolling & frame rate problem?

[ January 18, 2003, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

He He He…

About the scroll rate, I suggest you to do a search named « framerate » in this tech forum… …because this problem was mine not so long ago. Maybe you’ve already done this search but let me tell you some things :

First, the size of original BMP files of CMBB are HUGE, compared to CMBO. It is the principal reason of the low frame / scroll rate in the game.

Next, you’ve got to check your display options : number of men per squad, trees, doodads, weather…

Finally (that was the clue for me), if you got an ATI graphic card, disable the Zmask completely (with Rage 3D Tweak). It increases the rate by 3…

Cheers.