cmmos 3.02

My problem is this, I am unable to find certain .bmp's to load to rid myself of the "disabled" logo's

examples:

the vast majority of the "Winter Wonderland Mods"

Gunslinger, DD's, Juju and tanks a lot, as well as BTS.

The A27 and A30 bmp's

John tuckers german mods, ect

Everything works, I just can not find these BMP's to install them?

Peter

I'm assuming that you are only having trouble finding Winter Wonderland zip files. You should be having trouble. They aren't there. Due to an administrative snarl-up the Winter Wonderland bmp's never got posted. Someone called this to my attention a few days ago, and I've been rattling the appropriate cages ever since. The good news, however, is that it will all be available very soon.

Just to clarify, Winter Wonderland comes in four parts.

The first part consists of the BTS textures. That will never get posted, for copyright reasons. However, you have that on your original CD, so all you have to do is put a set of the original terrain bmp's in a folder, and use the BMP MUNGE that comes with CMMOS to rename them ####_bts where #### stands for whatever the file number for that particular texture happened to be.

The second part consists of MDMP textures. As far as I know (and this may change), these textures (with their CMMOS extensions) will have to be posted in the MDMP section, with a link to CMMOS.

The third part consists of the Abominable Snow Mod, DD's terrain, several bits and pieces. These will be posted shortly. I'm learning not to give ETA's on this kind of thing, but I have been assured that it will be up five minutes after the green light is given. This section comprises the core of Winter Wonderland, except for one mod.

The fourth part consists of Tom's Ardennes Mod. This can only be posted on Tom's CMHQ. Tom has the files (in spite of the fact that his mailbox kept filling up) and they will be connected to the Winter Wonderland part of the CMMOS site by a link as soon as he posts them on his own site.

Now aren't you sorry that you asked ?

By the way, one part of Winter Wonderland that you should be able to use is the personal set saver. I strongly encourage you to use it now, before you get the rest of the bmp's. Why ? because the bridge mod in Tom's bridge mod makes some very radical changes to some very basic textures, and if you haven't saved a copy your roads will look a bit odd. This is also a good time to pull the bts textures off the cd, put them in a folder, and let the BMP MUNGE do its magic.

Originally posted by Philippe:

[QB][i'm assuming that you are only having trouble finding Winter Wonderland zip files. You should be having trouble. They aren't there. Due to an administrative snarl-up the Winter Wonderland bmp's never got posted. Someone called this to my attention a few days ago, and I've been rattling the appropriate cages ever since. The good news, however, is that it will all be available very soon.]

Thank you, I will no longer think some crule joke that was being played on me smile.gif

[Just to clarify, Winter Wonderland comes in four parts.

The first part consists ...BMP MUNGE...particular texture happened to be.]

OK, I will give it a go..

[The second part consists of MDMP textures.]

Mad Dog Multi Pack???

[The third part consists of the Abominable Snow Mod, DD's terrain, several bits and pieces.... This section comprises the core of Winter Wonderland, except for one mod.]

Right,

[The fourth part consists of Tom's Ardennes Mod.]

Which is the one I got.

Now aren't you sorry that you asked ?

Not at all, that was much more infomitive than "they are not there" smile.gif

Thank you very much for that help. Any idea on how I can fing which zip'd mods contain the bmp's that are disabled on my screen? I can post a list if you prefer...

Thanks

Peter