PBEM Helper Problem

I'm playing an operation in CMBB with a friend using PBEM Helper. We just switched the game over to trusted mode. The PBEM Helper works fine for me, but he is consistently getting an error when it comes time for Helper to blank the screen. It errors out with the error message, 'can't blank screen'. However, when he tests the screen blanker from the desktop, it works fine. We initially tried altering desktop resolution and color depth, then deleting his prefs file for CMBB, and reselecting to match his desktop display settings, but neither of these have helped.

Any PBEM Helper expert out there want to take a crack at this?

I'm JR's opponent in this. What he described is pretty much all there is. I'd only add that when the "cannot blank screen' error comes up, it's during the transition from View --> Plot to View+Plot. That's probably obvious, but just being thorough.

When I get the error, I'm dumped from the game back to PBEMH where the error popup is displayed.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Well, seems we figured out one thing... starting a game up from scratch, Trust mode works just fine the first chance you have to switch to it. Seems our 2nd battle in an operation, 70-turns in is a condition of the problem. No idea why, but there it is. Going to revert back to regular mode.

If anybody has any ideas, though, they'd still be welcome. Would like to know what's what and even work around it if possible.