Sound effects

RIPper_SVK

i really like the arty sound. but i think gun sound could be a bit better. other people's shots are very quiet, even at quite close distances. a 120mm shot sound should be heard from more than a kilometer. also you should be able to hear a distant "pok pok pok" of the 20mm cannon. my own shot sound volume is just right, but the other's should be heard more loudly and from a greater distance....like now you can hear the arty from long distance, and that's just great. it would create great atmosphere by you hearing many shots in the distance. it also has some information value.

another nice feature would be implementing the speed of sound. it might be confusing for new people, but when they would understand why don't they hear enemy's shots instantly, it would become a huge immersive factor...imagine yourself exchanging shots with a Thor, you see him shoot, then hear the sabot bounce of your front armor, and then you hear him shoot.

Originally posted by RIPper_SVK:

another nice feature would be implementing the speed of sound. it might be confusing for new people, but when they would understand why don't they hear enemy's shots instantly, it would become a huge immersive factor...imagine yourself exchanging shots with a Thor, you see him shoot, then hear the sabot bounce of your front armor, and then you hear him shoot.

I'd give myself a headache trying to figure out the flash-to-bang range on maps with different atmospheres, but yeah, that would be cool.

Hmm, it depends if you are meant to be hearing the sound from inside the vehicle or from your viewpoint hovering above it. When you are inside an armoured vehicle you can't hear fire from outside, and you can barely hear your own gunfire. What you actually hear is the gun mechanism working rather than the muzzle report.