Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

GeForce2 MX400 Problems

I've updated the GeForce drivers, loaded DirectX 9, and when I get to the main screen my mouse is behind the screen. I can move it around and it shows up here and there (At the buttons)but it's a bear getting it to those spots.

BTW I'm using Windows XP Home.

What else can I do?

Which particular Detonator version did you install ? Generally we recommend the 30.82/30.87 drivers since they work without problem. These drivers don't work with the latest NVidia chips, but they would work fine with your GeForce 2 MX. I'm not sure how well these drivers work with other games, though they probably work fine for most of them.

You can get the 30.82 and other versions from NVidia. I don't believe that you'll lose too much by going back to 30.82 since most of the latest drivers are gearing their code towards GeForce 4 and FX families (though the code is still compatible with the GeForce 2 series).

I don't think that there may be a solution to your problem while using the current driver, but you could experiment. What mouse driver are you using (i.e. - Microsoft Intellimouse, Logitech or a 'standard' driver included with Windows XP) ?