question regarding room to retreat if all quads full ?

in the FAQ section moon says:

"A CMC "square" (2km x 2kmx) actually consists of four "quadrants" (1km x 1km). Each quadrant has its own flag on the CMBB map. So you can own "partial squares" at the end of a cmbb battle"

1. So if 3 quadrants are occupied in CMC by 3 of your own ME's - when loading tactical in CMBB you have 3 ME's in the game ?

2. If this above is the case, where does 1 ME end up if its forced to retreat but 2 of your ME's still occupy a quadrant ? (assume that all other quadrant in adjacent squares are also occupied by friendly ME's) i.e you retreating ME has no place to go ?

Thanks

Scott

1. So if 3 quadrants are occupied in CMC by 3 of your own ME's - when loading tactical in CMBB you have 3 ME's in the game ?

Yes and no. In the CMBB game you will have the forces comprising the three CMC MEs, but CMBB does not have MEs per se. In other words, if you have three company-sized MEs in CMC, you will have three companies in CMBB (but not actually organized into MEs, which don't exist in CMBB).

2. If this above is the case, where does 1 ME end up if its forced to retreat but 2 of your ME's still occupy a quadrant ? (assume that all other quadrant in adjacent squares are also occupied by friendly ME's) i.e you retreating ME has no place to go ?

Units' retreat paths are determined by the game, and I think that units can either retreat into a quadrant in a different tile or a different quadrant of the same tile. You can stack MEs, so it doesn't matter if a quadrant is already occupied by a friendly unit (although that might factor into the retreat path calculation).

You can stack MEs, so it doesn't matter if a quadrant is already occupied by a friendly unit (although that might factor into the retreat path calculation). [/QB]
stack ME's - that would make more sence. So if you have 2 or 3 battalion sized ME's in a single quadrant (1km X 1km tile) and then the same in the tile next door - thats a lot of units in CBBB !

thanks for reply

scott