Prisoners

When are we going to see prisoner captures in CM:SF? Right now I don't find it at all credible that the US player has to virtually wipe out the enemy in every mission. They should be surrendering in droves, just like in Gulf War I and to some extent Gulf War II, and the US player should have to guard the prisoners.

Originally posted by Darkmath:

... modelled as the missing soldiers disappearing from the map preceded by a an exclamation mark, maybe?

No way. The exclamation mark and disappearing soldiers simulates routing. It does not simulate prisoner captures.

Prisoners are vital to any simulation of a modern middle-east conflict, based on the history of the region. It would add a lot of interest to the game if the US player had to cope with prisoners. For a mobile force, what you do with prisoners is a real headache.

Fer crissakes, the game can't even properly model spotting and shooting over a low wall yet, and you're worried about proper modeling of prisoner capture and rendition?

I mean, I DO see your point, and ideally it would be a great thing to have some kind of modeling in there to represent this sort of thing, but it seems to me that there are several dozen issues that should be higher on the priority list right now.

Regards,

YD