SFW, Tavor, etc. on Future Weapons now 2a.m. PDT

Discovery Channel Time Warner Cable. Hope a bunch of you get to see this.

(Later)

The SFW piece was amazing, visually spectacular and scary. SFW footprint is ~36 U.S. football fields, inside of which 40 separate targets can be individually hit. Love the name the pilots have for the SFW: The Weapon of 13 Consecutive Miracles. There is a technical error in that the EFPs are repeatedly called molten copper, which they assuredly are not. Weapon is a million bucks

per SFW.

Now moving on to MOAB.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ August 23, 2006, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Please no MOABs in CMSF otherwise the scenarios will be a little one-dimensional:-

Herc flies in...

Bomb away...

Half the map disapears...

US Player gets x VPs for detroying/killing all enemy units...

US Player gets -x VPs for flattening three or four city blocks...

Syrian player twiddles thumbs and has a cup of tea!

cassh,

I believe there's already been an official pronouncement to that effect, but the MOAB's kill zone is only 150 meter radius, which is broadly comparable with a standard Nebelwerfer strike in terms of footprint. If MOAB got dropped in game

on a city, then I would expect the Syrians to get a ton of points from all the building destruction, let alone the hapless civilians. Since delivery is from a benign air defense environment only C-130, how many VPs would the Syrians get for blowing it out of the sky?

Regards,

John Kettler

John -

I would expect the Syrians to get a ton of points from all the building destruction, let alone the hapless civilians.
My very point - see last line above before Syrian teatime!

18700lb of H6 going pop is like an earthquake seismic event before you even factor in direct blast. 400 feet blast radius means you're saying good by to a good two or three blocks, and making another six or seven unfit or dangerous for human habitation.

The effect of the MOAB vs. NW within the same footprint would be analogous to a wave hitting the sea wall, and a tsunami ripping it up.

Although the MOAB is a grossly inefficient munition and lacks a battle worthy means of delivery – it will annihilate anything within its kill zone when it detonates.

As a psychological weapon it would scare the **** out of me knowing it might be on its way in!