Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Newbie Pbemail problem

Hello to all, I've got a problem.

I've tried to play a pbemail game and even if both of us have the 1.03 version of the game, the game tells me that we have a different version.

I have the American version and the other guy has the European one... is that a problem???

Thank you for any help

Piero

:confused:

Generally there shouldn't be any compatibility issues between the CDV (European or 'SE' editions) and the BFC (US/Internet) versions of CMBB. I believe one compatibility issue did come up, but I don't know if it was resolved or if it was even actually a bug or not. In this thread it was recommended that the BFC/US player create and send the setup file.

Was this a QB or a scenario ? If it is a scenario, do you know what version of CMBB it was created under ? Were both of you at version 1.03 when you started or did one of you upgrade very recently ?

Although it should result in other errors if you have a corrupt file, are you using a compression program on the PBEM before sending it ?

[ December 01, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

I suggest compressing/zipping the file in the future (this is an especially good idea with 'movie' files).

I suggest having YOU create the QB and send the file to him. See if this still duplicates the problem. As the thread I linked to indicated, people didn't have problems with the 'setup' being generated with the BFC/US version (when one of the players was using the CDV version).