Swan Song

Tankist

A long time has passed since I last gave signals.

Sometimes it is hard to be right.

Steve always said, that he has no interest in the old customer base, the hateful grognards.

Honestly, he never liked us, and he thinks that we are a nuisance like fleas or rats.

I asked a marketing managing director, and he told me, that Steves approach is "questionable".

Never, ever, attack your customers, he told me.

So, we had Combat Mission, a winning concept, a shining jewel in the niche market of wargaming.

Obviously it sold well enough, that guys like Steve went nuts...attacking long time customers, while aiming for RTS juvenile freaks.

If you get money for doing a WW2 game, you should foster it.

If WEGO is the newest hype, you schould NOT go RTS.

Quote from Steve Grammont, ca. 1996:"CM will NEVER go RTS!"

He is not, obviously, true.

I tried the demo...horrible.

Charles gave us "Over the Reich", "Achtung Spitfire", and "Flight Commander 2" (besides CM).

All turn based, and all got a 9 or 10 out of 10.

Why, o why, pleasing the mass market?

The first thing is to get rid of your pr manager Steve "I hate all grogs" Grammont.

This spells the difference between success or failure.

Let him try EA or Hasbro...

Tankist

[ November 07, 2007, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Tankist ]

Originally posted by Tankist:

Steve always said, that he has no interest in the old customer base, the hateful grognards.

Honestly, he never liked us, and he thinks that we are a nuisance like fleas or rats.

I asked a marketing managing director, and he told me, that Steves approach is "questionable".

So, we had Combat Mission, a winning concept, a shining jewel in the niche market of wargaming.

Obviously it sold well enough, that guys like Steve went nuts...attacking long time customers, while aiming for RTS juvenile freaks.

Charles gave us "Over the Reich", "Achtung Spitfire", and "Flight Commander 2" (besides CM).

The first thing is to get rid of your pr manager Steve "I hate all grogs" Grammont.

Tankist

Why did you post the above comments to this forum?

There were certainly other options open to you, GD for instance, or the CMx1 forums. I don't play any of those titles, but I don't post messages in their dedicated forums bitching because I dislike turn-based computer games.

Seriously, what's the deal?

PoE

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tankist:

Tankist

There were certainly other options open to you, GD for instance, or the CMx1 forums. I don't play any of those titles, but I don't post messages in their dedicated forums bitching because I dislike turn-based computer games.

PoE </font>

Originally posted by Tankist:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tankist:

Tankist

PoE </font>