Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Is reinstall necessary to apply 1.06?

Bahger

Hey guys. I'm going to dive back into this now but wonder what the patch protocol is, as there has been talk of reinstallation before patching.

I downloaded the game as a preorder, then got my disk in the mail. (By then, I was so dismayed I didn't open it). I may have applied one patch, but probably not. Is a game reinstall necessary and what do you recommend the best procedure is to get from the original retail build (not Paradox) to 1.06?

Many thanks.

Reinstall is not necessary. If you do reinstall, going from 1.00 -> 1.06 causes only one issue - the hotkeys.txt does not overwrite, so a lot of the command stuff is broken. The workaround for that is to install 1.06 to another directory, or grab the hotkeys.txt from somebody, and manually overwrite your 1.00 text file with the new one.

If your fresh reinstall is version 1.01, then there are no issues as far as I know.

Most of the file mirrors already updated their 1.06 patch to fix the hotkeys issues originally reported. Also, a much EASIER fix is to just delete your hotkeys.txt file from your Data folder before you patch. Then it doesnt matter if you got a *newer* 1.06 patch or the *original* one, as either will put in the new hotkeys.txt file automatically.

Madmatt