CMSF review at NetWargamingItalia

8.9, that's very good.

My Italian is not all that good but the review seems pretty balanced and thorough. Praising good points while still criticizing other areas. All based on the latest patch.

After talking about the CMx1 series and about the troubled release and following patches of CM:SF he concludes in the first page:

"Months have passed, and today, with the 1.08 patch, I can say that CM:SF has proven to be truly a little masterpiece."

A nice quote on the last page, after commenting on problems with multiplayer:

"CMSF is essentially very close to being a masterpiece. It's hugely innovative, the only one of its kind, fun and realistic. There is a huge potential in it: with fan mods one can reproduce almost all modern battlefields (up to the third world war in Europe). It's a perfect starting point for the next game in the series and for the paid Modules already under production."

-

[ June 09, 2008, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

Originally posted by Webwing:

8.9, that's very good.

My Italian is not all that good but the review seems pretty balanced and thorough. Praising good points while still criticizing other areas. All based on the latest patch.

After talking about the CMx1 series and about the troubled release and following patches of CM:SF he concludes in the first page:

"Months have passed, and today, with the 1.08 patch, I can say that CM:SF has proven to be truly a little masterpiece."

"CMSF is essentially very close to being a masterpiece. It's hugely innovative, the only one of its kind, fun and realistic. There is a huge potential in it: with fan mods one can reproduce almost all modern battlefields (up to the third world war in Europe). It's a perfect starting point for the next game in the series and for the paid Modules already under production."

-

with fan mods one can reproduce almost all modern battlefields (up to the third world war in Europe).

Hint... hint... :D

Originally posted by Webwing:

8.9, that's very good.

-

Thank you for the translation, a pretty good one!

Only one small correction: I'm speaking about mods, and not specifically about fan mods smile.gif

So in English: "with some mods one could reproduce..." is a closer translation I think.

We have reviews for all the Combat Mission titles, and I'm happy this one was given to me.

Eager to review the Marines module...

CptWasp,

Thanks for the correction.

Doh, I didn't realize you were the reviewer! Although you wrote it was "your" review, sorry! smile.gif

Congratulations, it's very well done! It's clear to anyone reading it that you know what you are talking about, unlike so many reviews we read these days.

For someone looking into buying the game this review gives a very fair and complete overview.

Unfortunately just this 2 quotes I selected from your 5 page review don't do it justice. I just chose them since I thought it would make good promotional material. I didn't think the part where you criticize multiplayer would fit the bill. ;)

It's a shame I don't have the time to make a full translation it.

-

[ June 10, 2008, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Webwing ]