Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Less than 15sec pause!?

numerous times while playing since the game came out, i thought, what the reason is to make 15 seconds steps for pause.

i would like to see 10 seconds steps or even 5 seconds, but i guess 5 is not pratical as you have to press pause verry often till you are at 1:30.

however the 5 seconds difference between 15 and 10 seconds can make the difference. after all 5 seconds are a long time if something aims at you already.

also i think to "implement" this is one of the easiest tasks, just the question is left about why we have these not so optimal 15 seconds steps and if it is on purpuse.

for example in a road coulum, 15 seconds between each vehicle is a pain, the 4th vehicle stats at the end of the round, 10 seconds steps would help A LOT there.

Originally posted by Pandur:

... after all 5 seconds are a long time if something aims at you already. ...

Um ... if someone is already aiming at you ... why on earth would you want to pause, of all things? :confused:

JonS,

its more like i order a unit to pause and than move away from the scene. when i hit go and watch the action i see my unit paused for 15 seconds and for exampe after 10 seconds the unit spotts some "danger" wich is already aiming at them.

at that point i would have been happy about less than 15 seconds pause.

i dont mean i want to pause a unit when i see a enemy aiming at it, also how should i do it playing in wego.

i think the whole RT croud here wont care for "pause" as they have "pause" as a game function and can use it every moment to do what i have to do with the "pause" order in wego.

I vote for that, too. Move a tank at a street crossing in a town, give a 5 sec pause and a target command at waypoint and move back into cover before the enemy AT knows what has happend. :D

On the other...like Steve always said: be carefull with the things you ask for, they will be used against you, too. (or something like that)

I hate pause command already. I quite commonly manage to accidentaly issue pause 15.00 to unit, then i end up into few seconds lasting fierze but nerve cracking engagement with 'P'-key to get the pause off.
hehe, but for the most time you can pause the "game" to unpause the unit.

if you mess up with control in RT multiplayer, than thats your fault ;)

@Scipio

yes 5 seconds would be great, but well i can see why steve could say no, thats to fine grained control, but 10 seconds should be a good compromise.

Originally posted by Pandur:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I hate pause command already. I quite commonly manage to accidentaly issue pause 15.00 to unit, then i end up into few seconds lasting fierze but nerve cracking engagement with 'P'-key to get the pause off.

hehe, but for the most time you can pause the "game" to unpause the unit.

if you mess up with control in RT multiplayer, than thats your fault ;) </font>

i would not have a problem to use Ctrl to give pause.

i personaly use the "absolute" commands, so i remaped all commands to what they where in CMx1 and the new ones i gave a place where they fit(like acquire is "G" like grab, easy to remember).

so i rarely press pause when i dont want it. some times when i use "O" wich is rotate/face for me, i hit P instead but thats not often.

if i would change Face to be no longer bound to the O button i wouldnt engage it at all unwanted as i have no other button near it.

now i dont know what you use but if you use the relative commands where one button has 4 meanings depending on the tab youre in, i can understand that. i would fail to handle that UI too so i changed it to the absolute ones.

you ever tried that? the absolute commands are realy good ;)