Support Artillery Flexibility

dalem

Maybe this is a silly point to address given the fact that I have no idea about the CMx2 artillery modeling, but I'm thinking we could use some more flexibility as regards some support AFV being represented by offmap arty.

If it's WWII, and if we still use FOs of some type, then I would like to be able to have some sort of unique offmap representation for, for instance, the 105mm Shermans for U.S. tank BNs, and/or the 75mm M8 HMCs for the U.S. mech cav recon squadrons.

Maybe this is really subsumed into the "U.S. artillery is too expensive for QB" issue, but I would like an option to pick that kind of specific FO.

-dale

I've always wondered why BFC didn't include more US Arty FO types in CMAK, even without considering vehicle chassis-mounted batteries. The Germans get somefink like 4 difference 75mm FOs of various tube, command level and ammo counts, and yet the US doesn't even get the 2 very common battery types for the 105mm; the 6-tube Reg. cannon, and the 4-tube divisional gun batteries.

And you're right, if you include vehicle chassis-mounted options, there's even more stuff missing.

You're also right that including these FO choices would go a long way to solving the problem of the scarce choices for allied FOs in QBs.

I suppose there might be differences other than just tube count when looking at mechanized artillery, too. For example, I'm guessing that AFV-mounted batteries, like Sherman 105mms would have a slower ROF per tube due to the fact that the crew has to load and fire in a more cramped position. Just guessing here, tho.

Cheers,

YD