Variable Headgear

Philippe

I realize that this isn't the most important thing to be adding into CMx2, but it would be really nice to be able to specify that somone is wearing a forage cap instead of a helmet.

This is not the kind of thing that can be fixed by modding, because the textures alone can't make up for the fact that the shape is wrong.

It would mean that you could put your Finns in helmets or soft hats, which I suspect is was a bit more common.

You can put your Germans in helmets, but when simulating an attack on a rear area they might be too surprised to get out of their forage hats.

French troops are a special case: you need the ability to put them in American or British helmets, the old French helmet which has such a peculiar shape it the texture needs help from the fram, or forage caps. Late-war photographs that I've seen lead me to suspect that after Normandy they were wearing forage caps into combat as a fashion statement.

There are more examples, but these are the most annoying ones that I've come across recently.

And maybe there should be some ever so slight in-game penalty for not wearing a hard hat in an artillery barrage...