Entering Buildings - How?

Let me ask you a very specific question:

How do you get your infantry to enter a building? Or more to the point, how do you get to select which level or story for the troops to go to? I seem to be able to get this to work sometimes, but not all the time and not in a consistent manner. Often, clicking on a multi-floor building will not bring up the expected dialog. I then have to try several times until it finally works.

Also, when clicking somewhere with the no-go icon active, could we please NOT lose our current selection of units? That would make me ever so happy.

Furthermore, how do you avoid troops going into buildings when the waypoints are all outside? This is frustrating because troops entering buildings are going relatively slow. This can throw off the entire planning because they don't arrive at the designated point in time.

See this picture for what I mean:

problem1qt0.th.jpg

Originally posted by Melnibone:

When you put a waypoint in building it asks you what floor it should go on.

That's what I'd expect, but I have to cancel and re-issue the order many times for the dialog to come up. I even tried looking for a certain spot to click on to get the dialog, no joy. I'd say in one out of 10 clicks I get the dialog.

I just checked again (CMSF running in the background, heh...), no luck. I even tried clicking the same spot again when I did get the dialog, but the dialog did not appear again - even when I cleared the command queue. Hence my thinking that it's a bug.

What mission did you try this on, and can you send me a screenshot where you're clicking?

Does the type of order influence this maybe?