Disillusion

I had a crush on CMSF since the moment I had seen the first screenshot more than one year ago, I couldn't wait to download the demo on the early morning (MEST) of friday 27th July and I rushed to the nearest shop to buy some hours later ... I played for some hours, was impressed by the graphics, used the editor excessively to create my own "tutorials" and was fascinated by all the strategic and tactical possibilities CMSF offered - theoretically and hypothetically. My love seemed to be fullfilled. Then - as many members here - I become aware of more and more bugs. Disillusion! :( Now it is clear that you need more to know about how the engine and the AI handles the game than knowledge of (military) strategies and tactics to reach your goals in a scenery. It is almost unplayable. Sentimenally thinking back to Steel Panthers and CM1 ...

I do not need to select the weapons my soldiers had to use (as in Steel Panthers) but I am going to ban CMSF from my harddrive until the game has been patched significantly, especially LOS (walls!) and pathfinding ( ... blasted walls of houses!) and so on. If that essential work is done I will gladly "return" to Syria or where ever forthcoming modules, add-ons or whatever CM2 leads ... :(

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

It's a fair shake and I'll not try to disuade you from putting it aside until the next patch. That should be coming up very soon. I have no idea how much closer we'll get it to your expectations, but there will be improvements to the things you mentioned for sure.

Stay tuned!

Steve

I am waiting with benevolence. CMSF for me has still the potential to become my favourite game. smile.gif