Time

Please, please, please - if you do nothing else with QBs can you make the battle length adjustable? I am tired of time-restrictions on these - it makes for an unrealistic rush. Similarly, can those designing campaigns/scenarios simply max out the timing? There are few incidences (and I know) of a commander forced into sacrificing sense and men in order to achieve an objective in 20 or 30 or 40 minutes. Scenarios designed on time-sensitive grounds are unrealistic.

blow56

I completely agree with you about the time limits for quick battles. I'm hoping they'll introduce the option to choose the length of your battle in a later patch or module.

However, with regards to scenario/campaign design, it's not about creating something that's realistic but rather something that's challenging, exciting or fun to play. I suspect that Real life combat would make for a very boring simulation if it were done accurately as most of the time, everybody is hiding, trying not to get killed. So I wouldn't let the time limit bother you too much.