Great potential, too many bugs :(

I have started to enjoy the game after my initial negative impression ,now slowly getting used to the tab command system (why not being able to asign hotkeys for all important commands?) There are many things to love in this game. Map editor, superb models and animation, excellent sounds, precise sense of scale and pacing of real time, artillery system, ricochets and countless little details, like those rifle grenades I saw my squad lobbing 200m away when I ordered them to area fire a target (love the popping sound btw). The game also must have the most realistic feeling explosions/dust clouds. Intense and Impressive without being hollywood style, well done.

However, some problems are really killing it. I solved my poor performance by switching to 1 cpu affinity but still frame rates are erratic as long as there are many vehicles on screen. My main concern is the LOS/LOF through apparently solid terrain. Walls and hills seem to have invisible holes:

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

1:1 presentation and finer mess is just useless with this kind of LOS. Combine this with the absense of self preserving TacAI for the soldiers who dont really know how to position themselves behind cover and the problematic pathfinding and gameplay becomes chaotic.

Also, in multiplayer there is an annoying passenger bug where your mounted inf stays behind hovering in mid air. There are many more little glitches here and there but it is understandable for a brand new engine. At least I hope there is something that can be done about the LOS/LOF problems above and its not a limitation of the new code.

Hi Panzer,

I am in complete aggreance(???) with you.

im brand new to this series and absolutly love this game and its finer details.

The MG reloading animation is the best so far :D

but i find my enjoyance taking a big hit.

Mainly due to performance, i would think my X2 AMD 4400 with 2gig RAM and a 8800GTS would run this flawlessly, however even taking it back to 1 core doesn't seem to make a differance :( ..(any help appreciated)

biggest thing for me though is if i blow a whole in a building, my men still run round the front and get shot, and the complete unpredictability of when my squad will use there javelin or not, 9 times out of 10 i give them a target, they switch to javelin but dont fire, and they have 3 rounds to use.

i really hope BF reads these threads and can change these issues as i really want to like this game but these problems are making it a bit hard tongue.gif