Why I prefer CMx2....

Ady

Firstly I want to acknowledge the fact that so many responses on this forum have picked up on bugs and suggestions and problems etc etc that will no doubt produce some excellent updates to this great game.... But it is also important to provide feedback on what we really like about the game so the team know they are in the right direction and to keep things included in future games... So in my opinion the following are great improvements and have resulted in me being fully on board with the new game engine....

1.Download speed of the game was quick and easy... And the elicence avoids having to put the game disk in all the time.

2.Every soldier is shown on the battlefield. This is a huge realism change that enhances enjoyment of the game.

3.Graphics and sound resulting it great atmosphere.

4.Still the CM feel of play...

5.PBEM and WEGO...... please always keep them in... However having the option of RT at least gives us choice... Some PBEM games went on for months.. Now the choice is RT with someone in the same time zone or PBEM with those elsewhere...

On a final note I think it was better to release the game now than wait.... We the customers can effect the direction of the game and ... well..... ok.... I am inpatient....

Ady

1.real time mode( old turn based is for me after all this combat mission years little boring and too long. real time game is more realistic and adrenaline.

2. nice visual(except main screen and lens flare effect) and great models

3. complexity

4.ballistics( riccochet/hiding beh vehicles etc:)

5.modern warfare!!!

6. more realistic spotting (on elite level)

7. every soldier modelled

8. entering buildings through doors

9. destroyable enviroment

10. great sound

I think BFC team is on the right track. I see no bad development decisions here. (Well, except some UI problems-hotkeys for all main commands??-QBs and irrational auto purchasing perhaps). Modern setting, RT, 1:1. All of these are a step forward. Its the current state of the engine, LOS/LOF problems and the loose self preservation TacAI that holds the game back.