End game option

I don't know if this has been asked already..havent had time to go through all the posts.

Would it be possible, after a battle to save the battle with all the damage, wrecked vehicles and men still left on map...then be able to start another battle..maybe with fresh troops arriving to simulate an on going situation...or just to carry on the fight ...editable in scenario design section..ie more flexibility...maybe..the fight has moved more to the north or east.so you can edit the map in that direction..i know this sort of happens in operations...but most of the time it doesnt work right..they seem somewhat disjointed..

Smashing

Topic: Synopsis: BFC’s recent comments on the CMx2 engine [Long]

Instead the campaign will be somewhere inbetween a meta-campaign and CMx1's Operations. It will also be more focused and far more "story" oriented (i.e. giving meaning to the battles you fight instead of just fighting). More on this at a later date. Just didn't want you guys having your imagining going wild and then being disapointed when we outline how it works.

Quick Battles and premade scenarios will of course remain a part of CMx2, but the story driven campaign will likey be the primary way the majority of people play the game.

But basically, you will have a bunch of units and you will play a bunch of battles with them. Some will float in and out, others will pretty much be with you the whole time. The timeframe is small enough that it is realistic, so don't be expecting a Steel Panthers or Pazer General style "what did you do in the war, daddy?" type campaign that goes from the start of the war to the end. That just isn't what CM is about.

The campaign will also be semi-dynamic. Meaning, you can not decide "I want to do this based on that" for your next battle, but depending on circumstances you do you might get sidetracked before moving on.That's all for now.