Friendly Reminder: Please Post Spoiler Alerts!

Since at least one forum member (SirReal) has now received his purchased game via post, apparently the game is out to the general public, at least in some markets.

But obviously, most of us do not have copies in our sweaty hands yet. . . and for myself, I have made the painful decision to postpone purchasing CM:SF until I can get my act together to build a new machine that can handle it.

So please, by all means post impressions, exciting anecdotes, blah, blah, blah - for the next couple of months the only way I will experience the game is vicariously on this forum!

But please also remember to include Spoiler Alerts for anything that might compromise the joy of playing through any scenarios for the first time, blind. Once I do get my new rig and the game, I want to play through the campaign and included scenarios with no special foreknowledge, and get my @ss kicked, just like the rest of you. :D

Cheers,

YD

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

After all the posts, tracking this game, asking questions and so on, you 're going to wait a couple months? Wow.

Well, it's not like I *want* to wait, but my current rig simply isn't going to run the game.

I actually have the money set aside to buy a new rig, but, if I decide to go with a Windoze PC, I'd like to build it myself, and I just don't have the time right now. In September, my schedule is much more open, and I'll have the time to research and put together a new machine. New chips and other hardware also often come out in August to catch the back-to-school buying season, so there's another incentive to wait a few weeks before buying.

I'm actually seriously considering going "Back to the Mac", though, and it's pretty clear Apple is going to refresh the IMac product line (which is what I would probably be buying) very soon. BFC's decsion to do a Mac OSX port or not will certainly factor into my final buying decision.

Basically, as much as I'd really like to run over to Best Buy and get something to play the game on today, it's a really crappy time to buy a new computer right now. So I'll suffer and wait a few weeks.

Silver lining, I'll get to hear from all of you what hardware works well with the game, and what doesn't, before I make my final buying decision.

So have fun all. I look forward to joining you on the battlefields of Syria soon. . .

Cheers,

YD

• 2 weeks later...