Missing men

Guest Guest

Yes, ROUTED men get a big exclamation mark over their 3D representation, then disappear. This is how we avoid the problem of individuals running around the map. It takes a lot to have this happen. I played a game tonight and lost a couple to ROUTED even though I was getting the snot beaten out of me. Hey, I was testing something Rollstoy sent me, not trying to win. Honest :D

Steve

Honestly, I think that suppression can't be overmodeled. Stuff like BMPs routing due to small-arms fire feels like it might be right if it happens only rarely or with the "right" levels of motivation or experience.

Anyhow, I think you're right that being gone forever exacerbates things to a large degree. If the guys were just, say, running away...

As for leaders, in the OP, were any leaders amongst the dead / wounded?

The only complaint i have about routing is that there is no notice given.

I guess this can be seen as realistic, but playing RT, i look away for 3 seconds and half my men took off when i wasnt looking.

I think it would be good if on the status text on the left it would say 'routed' rather then just disappearing, but to me its not that big a deal.

I'm sure a couple of Iraqi generals complained about this during the initial invasion of Iraq in 2003.