QBs with No AI?

MiB

I have tried, I think, about two dozen QBs set in a city, tiny-medium sized engagements. When I am the defending side, the computer mucks about and does next to nothing - or advances 1 IFV per 5 minutes.

Whats up with that? Is the AI just not programmed to be on the offensive on some maps?

Panzer if you use user done QBs or the ones on teh game that have a better AI plan it will work, udner some premises lol.

Well, I think that now QBs are more for H2H game than agaisnt AI, in the first place theser never were so good in CMx1 against AI anyway so not a big deal, IMO.

I have had a look at the AI scripting in some of the stock QB maps and it's pretty basic. The big city map plan has one huge Blue set up zone and the first (and only) order is to move to another massive zone using Max Assault. And that's it... Before 1.03, this meant that Blue infantry crawled all the way. Utterly boring. Spend 10-15 minutes setting up in carefully planned positions, press go and ... nothing... press cease fire and examine the map and there they were, on their bellies... crawling and exhausted. (Don't see so much of this now)

By the way, some of those QB maps are really nice. I've adapted the Blue force AI on the big city map and it hammers me every time.

Indeed. The assault commands are not worth using as it stands. Crawl of death is all you get.

Just remember if you mount up the infantry to give them a "passenger dismount" command somewhere along the line or they end up using the Brads and Strykers as a grave more often than not.