Loading CM onto new laptop

Hi Guys!

Got my new Dell Inspiron 8200 and am trying to load CM. At 31% completion,I'm getting a hangup.

The message is :

Component:2. Medium Install to HD (although I ordered it to do a full install)

File Group: Sounds1

File:D:\WAV\00000801.WAV

Error: Incorrect function

I've tried reinstalling, but it dies out at this point each time. Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to buy a network adapter from a non Dell computer store (as I'm leaving for Europe in a week and don't have time to wait for a shipment)and simply transfer all my CM files from my home PC to the laptop? Wouldn't I be able to transfer all my mods at the same time?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Kiltie Lad:

Hi Guys!

Got my new Dell Inspiron 8200 and am trying to load CM. At 31% completion,I'm getting a hangup.

The message is :

Component:2. Medium Install to HD (although I ordered it to do a full install)

File Group: Sounds1

File:D:\WAV\00000801.WAV

Error: Incorrect function

I've tried reinstalling, but it dies out at this point each time. Any ideas?

Hmm, look at the disk surface for scratches or dirt.

Try copying all the files from the disk onto your hard drive instead of doing an install. This might work so long as you keep the correct folder structure.

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by Kiltie Lad:

Also, is it possible to buy a network adapter from a non Dell computer store (as I'm leaving for Europe in a week and don't have time to wait for a shipment)and simply transfer all my CM files from my home PC to the laptop? Wouldn't I be able to transfer all my mods at the same time?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use just about any standard PCMCIA network adapter in your Inspiron. I would suggest either the Xircom RealPort or the 3Com XJack models as you don't have to lug around a dongle. And yes, you could transfer CM (mods and all) from your desktop over.