Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMAK WAV file problem.

I seem to have a problem with a number of WAV files in CMAK. Is it me or is there a problem ?

The majority play in Windows Media Player but some dont work. Checking the properties of those that fail reveals that they have a bit rate of 181kbps, whilst those that play OK have a bit rate of 705kbps.

Examples of ones that wont play are 00000228 and 00000231 ..... there are quite a few more.

I can easily go through and find a fuller list of wav's that dont seem to be working if required !

I'm using the BFC version of CMAK and the install didnt report any errors.

So I'm not sure if it is :------

1. They are supposed to be like that, WMP wont play them, but they will work within the game.

2. They some how got corrupted during install, but not reported.

3. These files have been produced at the wrong bit rate and there is a problem.

4. WMP is just not up to the job ( Hey shock me!) there is nothing wrong with the files.

(I have only tried to play them back on WMP 9.00.00.3008)

5. Something else :confused:

Oh yeah and another quick question.

When does 000001640.wav get used .... " Your papers - They are not in order " You should have got Andreas to voice that one ;) Though maybe he's starting to sound too English by now :D

Lou2000

I run into the same problem. I'm using WMP 9.00.00.3075 under WinXP and playing back some of the files results in a 'C00D11CD' error that MS has no more info on. As Lou has said, there are several files that can generate this problem. The '181kb' bit-rate may be key as to why WMP won't play the file. On my system WMP goes out to the internet to search for a codec to play the sound.

This is definitely a problem with WMP. The Sound Recorder app that should be on most Windows systems can play back these files with no problems.

So... one more bug for Microsoft to find...

I get the same 'C00D11CD' error message as Schrullenhaft. WMP took me to the MS website but couldnt find anything relating to this error.

It's not just MS WMP9 that has problems with these files. I tired using Nero Wave Editor 2

(part of Nero 6) and that also failed to load them.

As mentioned ..... Windows sound recorder plays them OK. 00000228 is a large explosion ... sounds like a building coming down.

Schrullenhaft, thanks for checking and confirming this. At least I know I dont need to reinstall.

However I noticed you avoided answering the hard question about the "Your papers - They are not in order " wav :D

Thanks

I encountered the same issue today. The windows version of quicktime player is also able to play the files without a problem, so it looks like an issue with Windows Media Player. I did test it to make sure that the sounds play in the game and it appears to not be an issue. The test I ran was as follows. I found a "corrupted" WAV file (I used 00000700, vehicle bogging) that was easy to identify while in the game and the game itself had no problems with sound playback.

Pritzl, Thanks. As long as I can be sure they are playing in the game OK then I'm happy.

I dont care if other programs (WMP / NERO etc) have problems with them, as long as CM doesnt have a problem. I mean I wouldnt want to miss listening to all my vehicles bogging :D

Hopefully somebody from BFC will confirm this eventually .... but its looking good !

• 4 weeks later...

I got the same error ("class not registered") and then it would try to connect to the internet to find a codec. I found a fix though, but it's a little time consuming. Open whatever files that won't play with Windows sound recorder and press "save". WMP will play them after that. I found a problem with Real Player too... it will put huge spaces in some of the wav files so that a 6 second file will take around 18-20 seconds to play and the file will be really choppy... maybe two seconds of sound, then a 5 or 6 second gap and then one or two seconds of sound again, etc. The open and save with Sound Recorder fixed that too.