Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Arty vs Armor

Been trying to see what arty will do to armor. So far it is a mixed bag.

The best that I have found is tube arty. With both U.S. and Syrian I have been able to kill even tanks on a consistent basis. Obviously it helps if they are stationary. A heavy medium barrage almost always results in a kill for me. Once I killed 3 T72 TURMS with a single barrage.

With mortars it seems to be the opposite. So far I have yet to kill an armored vehicle with a 120mm mortar. Rounds will detonate all around to little effect. The 82mm, however, is a killer. Like the heavy tubes it seems to always score good top hits with every good barrage.

Remember to never use "Emergency" fire as it is too inaccurate. FO's get the best results but I have scored kills with fire called by anyone. Of course the Syrians have to have FO's to call arty at all.

Just a little FYI.

Once again i type this.

Maximum lenght, heavy 'line' firemission from 4 Paladin (3 tubes) batterys to Syrian BMP-2 company which was packed to 200-300 meters wide and 50 meters deep area. Half of rounds were armor and half were general.

Results to infantry: Aprox 70-90% of dismounted infantry was not fit to fight.

Results to vehicles: Mild track damages (vechiles were able to roll). Few BMP-2 actually had crater patrially underneath them, which must mean that grenade impacted under less than 1 meter away from them. Half of them had several craters within 10-20 meters range... It's might be that i had bad luck, but when i looked at all those craters in vicinity of vehicles...

Using area fire or linear firemissions might not be so effective than point target (or what ever). I've killed sll my vehicles with arty by using point target, even 120mm mortars are quite good taking out them... This just ain't good way when mechaniced company is preparing it's assault (next time it halts will be in my defencepositions). Time is luxury, expacely for Syria (predefined arty targets would do mighty good)