Internet hanging

I seem to be encountering an increasingly annoying problem when trying to navigate between my numerous CM sites.

Of late, when i click on certain sites in my favourites list I get the 'Page Cannot be Displayed' white screen, despite the fact the site may have been working fine a few minutes before. It doesn't seem to matter what I do (e.g. delete the Favourite entry and re-search for it; delete files and clear history in Internet options) or even shutting down Explorer and/or closing the Internet connection. The only way I seem to be able to navigate between sites without a problem is when I completely re-start the PC???

Any ideas? Could this be an Explorer settings or a PC related problem?

My first bet would be spyware and/or virus. Get a couple of anti-spyware programs (AdAware, Spybot S&D are the one's I use) and run a virus scan (I've had good luck with the TrendMicro online scan). Then stop using IE forever - get Mozilla, Opera, or a similar browser and move on feeling (reasonably) secure.