MP question?

Sorry have not tried an MP game for several patches. HAve two machines with a LAN connection. Neither of us can really manage real time games......wondering can we just transfer the game file to each other? Is it possible to work on the turns concurrently on both machines and then simply transfer the files to compute the combat phase and the repeat.

Originally only one player could work on a turn at a time leaving the opponnent kinda bored smile.gif

You can certainly replicate PBEM that way.

Just use file sharing or FTP or whatever to move the file rather than as a email attachment.

This wont give you MP, if your definition of MP is “I control the Infantry on Blue and you control the tanks on Blue against an AI controlled Red” though.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

You can certainly replicate PBEM that way.

Just use file sharing or FTP or whatever to move the file rather than as a email attachment.

This wont give you MP, if your definition of MP is “I control the Infantry on Blue and you control the tanks on Blue against an AI controlled Red” though.

Right ok thx. One player would be blue the other red. Could one though work on their respective turns at the same time?

Thanks!

I don’t think so.

Just like in PBEM, where you have to receive your opponent‘s file before you can work on your response.

What you are now talking about is closer to TCP/IP which does work in RT but doesn’t support WEGO yet (although the pause feature in RT might be what you are after).