Question re: Acquiring weapons

No. So be sure you get what you really want. Can be annoying if you grab 7.62 and your guys don't use that type.

Here's a problem I had recently. 4 man MMG crew tried to get into a Hummer to get the 7.62 it was carrying. The team was too big so I had the driver dismount leaving the vehicle empty. Crew was still too big. End result was that they ended up running out of ammo bacause they couldn't get in the hummer and couldn't split into teams to have someone else get in and get the ammo. I guess they just weren't smart enough to figure out that they all didn't have to go through the same door. Can't figure out though why my four man crew couldn't fit into a 4 man hummer.

Yes, things like that are annoying. At least let squads share weapons and ammo when within range of each other. Perhaps if Squad A is within the same 8m square the Acquire button would become active and you could swap CLU, Javs, ammo, etc.

Joe #1: "Hey, Smitty, you got he CLU over there with you?"

Joe #2: "Yeah man, I got the CLU but no more Javs."

Joe #1: "Well, I got a Javelin. Give me your CLU."

Joe #2: "No way man, you give me YOUR Javelin."

Joe #1: "NO, you go get your own , GOSH!"

and it regresses into a Napoleon Dynamite scene from there.

Originally posted by Hawkmek:

Yes, things like that are annoying. At least let squads share weapons and ammo when within range of each other. Perhaps if Squad A is within the same 8m square the Acquire button would become active and you could swap CLU, Javs, ammo, etc.

Yes it's ultra-annoying! I just had another (successful) go at the ATGM Ambush mission and one of my guys (the rest of his squad were dead) had a perfect LOS for a javelin shot at an OPFOR AT unit. However, he just lay on the floor refusing to do anything despite my target order. A unit was right next to him yet they couldn't acquire the javelin from him!

I may be mistaken but I believe that the early explainations of the Aquire order intimated that you could give the squad and aquire order like a move order to tell them to aquire things from either a vehicle or another squad. I could be way off but that was my expectation rather than how it is now. (My googlefu is weak or I would search for myself.)