Best of Both Worlds...

I'm not sure this has been asked before, but would it be possible to "toggle" Real-time and WeGo in the same game?

Here's the situation...

I prefer to play WeGo, however there are times during the game that there is little or no action. In such situations, I would like to convert to real-time play. It's not fun to sit there waiting to click a couple of buttons every 60 seconds until the game is over.

Ideally, once the action starts back up, I'd like to convert back to WeGo play.

Has this been requested/discussed?

Originally posted by Sitting Duck:

I'm not sure this has been asked before, but would it be possible to "toggle" Real-time and WeGo in the same game?

Here's the situation...

I prefer to play WeGo, however there are times during the game that there is little or no action. In such situations, I would like to convert to real-time play. It's not fun to sit there waiting to click a couple of buttons every 60 seconds until the game is over.

Ideally, once the action starts back up, I'd like to convert back to WeGo play.

Has this been requested/discussed?

I've asked for something similar, even if it has to be via a save. Save in RT, open and choose WEGO or vice versa.

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

WeGo for single player is real-time with a pause every minute, isn't it?

Not really. However, they are close enough that it seems that it wouldn't be too difficult to switch back and forth.

Some differences...

You cannot interrupt the action during the minute of WeGo. In real-time, you can issue new orders at any time.

In real-time, you cannot "rewind" the action to review it. In WeGo, at the end of the action phase, you can rewind and replay the last 60 seconds as many times as you like.

That said, with the way WeGo and RT are implemented in CMSF, it wouldn't be too difficult to switch back and forth. At least, it seems that way. By comparison...if WeGo in CMSF were implemented the way it was in CMx1 series (i.e., the blue bar), I think it would be much more difficult.