Operational Choices

I was wondering about the operational choices that we will have when creating new operations or quick battles. In CMBB there are choices (Month, Year, weather...) that we can choose from but I hope that CMx2 will be more comprehensive.

E.g. If I create an operation that has divisional arty available, I might want to have it available for perhaps the first 2 battles out of 6. After that, this asset is requred somewhere else. Or perhaps I have a Co of tanks and they are attached to my assualt but only available for the middle 2 battles.

I would also like to have variables such as reinforcements by turn rather than by battle, and the big thing, points by operation so that if I create an operation and play by email, in each battle, myself and my opponent get to choose our forces using points instead of pre-chosen forces. This would allow a variable operation even if played more than once.

I guess this is more of a wish list becasue without BFC input we cannot debate the merits of different choices or see what is coming in CMx2.

• 9 months later...

Speaking of operations, I had immobalised a stug near my front line. When the next battle came the germans got back the stug and used it against me. How did they git it back! The area near the stug was under my control. The crew didn't have the option to begain repairs on the stug while in view of my troops. The stug should have been abandend and the crew captured not repaired and used again for the next battle. The germand had supply set at high but common sense says the tank was lost to my soviet troops.

It would it good for repairable catured vehicles in operations to be used by the enemy troops. This is for ww2 game rather than shock force but the syrians could use captured abandoned truck's.

The big problem with operation's was that troops and afv's would appear out of nowhere in front of your line. There's no continuation of battle to the next. it's like you played one battle and there was another battle in which you didn't take part in and then you took over the next battle. It would have been far better in troops where not movable between battles. Also that reforcement's should not be moveable and left at the edge of the battle. So that you can't just put them in the front line of the battle. Without any consequneces of the action that would have taken place before the reached the front line.

[ July 10, 2006, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: mav1 ]